December 19, 2008

No Knead Bread

So here is another instance of me not being original.  I feel like almost everyone who has a food blog has tried this, if not posted about it.  But I had to.  It came out looking so perfect, so professional, I was almost astonished I had made it.  And it was so so easy but it did take quite a lot of time, about 21 hours of rising, yep, that's almost a day.  Oh and those nice looking marks on the top of the bread, I wish I could take credit for them but it just happened.  I just dropped a lump of flour, water, hardly any yeast and salt into a pot and this is what came out. Crazy.

Here is a link to the original recipe of no knead, which uses all white flour.  The only change I made from that was to use half white and half whole wheat to get a heartier, healthier bread.  I also used oat bran and a little bit of flour to coat the bread, if you were wondering what those little specs were.  But there are many other modifications you can make as this article by Mark Bittman discusses.  So I'm not going to post the recipe because it's all over the place, just follow the link and in about 24 hours you'll be able to enjoy great bread too.

No comments: