January 7, 2009

Creamy Green-y Pasta

So this is how I used the leftover grated zucchini from the zucchini bread.  I actually wish I had a Cuisinart with detachable grater attachment at school because it was SO fast and so easy to grate this zucchini for the bread.  I also really loved eating the grated zucchini with spaghetti because of their similar shapes.  I didn't work with any kind of recipe when I made this so I'll only provide some rough guidelines here.  Feel free to ask any questions though!

Creamy Green Pasta
Ingredients

spaghetti or linguini pasta
grated zucchini
frozen peas
olive oil
heavy cream
cornstarch
grated parmesan cheese
nutmeg
salt
pepper

Preparation
Boil pasta until al dente (about 8- 10 minutes).  While pasta is boiling, saute zucchini and frozen peas in a small amount of olive oil.  Remove zucchini and peas from pan and set aside.  Place the pan back over low heat and add heavy cream, pasta water, parmesan cheese and nutmeg and stir until cheese has melted.  If the sauce is not thick enough add more cheese or some cornstarch.  Once the sauce is fairly thick and creamy add sauteed zucchini, peas and cooked pasta to the pan.  Mix well, add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: