October 25, 2008

Arugula, Tomato, and Mozzarella Melt


This is a really simple and satisfying lunch. I'm just going to write out how to make it because it's so easy and relatively minimal on ingredients.

I've recently been utilizing the broil function on oven/ toaster ovens and while at first it was kind of scary (gas stove, open flames, quickly burnt macaroni and cheese...) I've come to realize its wonders. So since I wanted to broil this sandwich I decided to first toast the bread so it wouldn't get soggy when the wet tomatoes and cheese were put on. While the bread was toasting I sliced a tomato and fresh mozzarella; then after it was toasted I topped it with a bed of arugula, the sliced tomatoes and mozzarella. Next I put it back in the toaster oven on broil until the cheese was bubbly and crisp in some areas. When it came out I sprinkled it with some salt and pepper and topped it with fresh basil.

No comments: