February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day Ideas

Because the best thing about most holidays is the food.

Appetizers
Unique, refreshing, and festively colored.  Plus, grapefruits are in season.

Amazingly versatile and no-doubt-about-it delicious.  Anyone who doesn't like a creamy wedge of Brie wrapped and baked in a flaky pie crust is beyond my comprehension.

Served alone or sliced a-top a green salad, these are a light and satisfying appetizer.

Mains
A meat-free take on a the traditional Beef Bourgiugnon that doesn't taste like it's missing a thing.  Plus, I just watched Julie & Julia.

Be still, my heart.

Light and chock-full of vegetables; this will leave you with plenty of room for dessert.


For all you meat lovers out there, my ex-boyfriend was (is) one too.

Desserts
Because Valentine's Day means chocolate, and this would be great with some vanilla ice cream.

mini version
Always, always, a crowd pleaser.  Just ask my friend Pamela-- it was her birthday cake two years in a row (wish I could make it for you this year!).

If chocolate isn't your thing; I'd like to meet you by the way-- but actually, we probably wouldn't get along.

If you still want to keep it healthy, these are great.  I'd probably be making some today if I had any dates (the fruit, mind you)!

Hope everyone has a good Valentine's Day! I'd love to know if you try any of these recipes! xo

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Oh man, will you be my Valentine and make all of this for me? ESPECIALLY the red velvet cake? I'll pay for shipping and handling! hah